Dive Service Providers
Aquatica Dive & Surf
Puerto Rico TechnicalDiving Center
Sea Ventures Pro Dive Centers
Pure Adventure Puerto Rico
The Dive Center Wyndham Rio Mar Beach Resort
Blue Water Scuba
Paradise Scuba Center Hotel Casa Blanca Building
The Dive Shop
Palmas Del Mar
East Puerto Rico Scuba Diving
Caribe Aquatic Adventures
Facts and Figures
- Location: Puerto Rico is located on the border between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, east of the Dominican Republic and west of the Virgin Islands.
- Geographic Coordinates: 18 degrees 15 minutes north latitude and 66 degrees 30 minutes west longitude.
- Capital: San Juan; also the largest city with a population nearing a half million.
- Population: 4 million.
- Official Languages: Spanish and English.
- Climate: The climate is Tropical Marine with year-round average temperatures near 80 degrees Fahrenheit (27 degrees Celsius) at the lower elevations, and 70 F (21 C) in the mountains.
- Time Zone: Atlantic Standard Time (AST).
- Total Area: At 3,508 square miles (9,121 sq km), Puerto Rico is roughly two-thirds the size of Connecticut, with about the same population.
- Borders: Puerto Rico is a protectorate of the United States, and is under the jurisdiction of U.S. Customs. The borders are open between Puerto Rico and the United States. No passport is required for travel between the United States and Puerto Rico. No immigration or customs inspections are required.
- Coastline: 300 miles (480 km).
- Currency: U.S. dollar.
- Electrical Power: 110-120 volts, 60 cycles — same as United States.
- Getting There: Most travelers arriving at Puerto Rico land at the international airport at San Juan, the capital city, located on the north shore of the main island. From there, it’s a short cab ride into town and to a wide range of hotels. Cabs and hotel vans provide inexpensive transportation to nearby destinations. Rental cars are also available for those who choose to stay outside the San Juan area. What makes arriving in Puerto Rico from the continental United States a breeze is the fact that there is no customs and immigration to worry about, and no need to exchange currency.