Dive Service Providers
Facts and Figures: Florida Keys
- Location: Southern tip of Florida in Monroe County, covering 3,737 square miles (9,679 sq km).
- Time: Eastern Standard Time; daylight-saving time is observed.
- Climate: Tropical.
- Population: About 80,000.
- Weather: Temperatures range from 65 to 89 degrees Fahrenheit (18 to 32 degrees Celsius). Maximum rainfall is in September.
- Money: U.S. dollar. Major credit and debit cards accepted almost everywhere.
- Electricity: 110 volts, 60 cycles, with North American-style outlets.
- Language: English, Spanish widely spoken.
- Entry Requirements: Non-U.S. citizens need a valid passport.
- Driving: Driving is on the right. Rental cars are widely available.
- Medical: A hyperbaric chamber is located in Key Largo.
- Getting There: For U.S. residents, travel to Miami by car, bus, plane, then rent a car or drive south on U.S. Highway 1, all the way to Key West. There are many marinas for those who want to sail to any of the Keys.
- Accommodations: There are all types of lodges, resorts and hotels. Be sure and plan far in advance, since many locations are quickly booked.
- For More Information: Florida Keys Tourism Council, fla-keys.com