Dive Service Providers
Caribbean Explorer II
Saba Deep Dive Center
Sea Saba Advanced Dive Center
Ultimate Dive Travel
Facts and Figures
- Location: 17 degrees 38 minutes north latitude and 63 degrees 13 minutes west longitude.
- Size: Five square miles (13 sq km) including Green Island.
- Capital and commercial center: The Bottom.
- Country motto: With oars and sails.
- Time: Atlantic Standard Time all year.
- Seasons: The daytime average temperature is 80 degrees Fahrenheit (26 degrees Celsius) all year. Evenings can be cooler and warrant long sleeves.
- Water temperature: 77-84 degrees Fahrenheit (25-39 degrees Celsius).
- Money: The U.S. dollar.
- Electricity: U.S.-standard plugs with 110 volts.
- Measurements: Dive operators generally use both feet/meters and psi/bars when communicating dive data.
- Entry requirements: U.S. citizens will need a passport as well as a return or onward going ticket. No special visa is required of U.S. citizens staying fewer than 21 days.
- Population: 1,800.
- Transportation: There is one car rental company on the island; taxis and guides are available. Driving is on the right. There is only one road.
- Official language: Dutch, though English is widely spoken.
- Health: There is a hospital and a school of medicine. Since 1991, the Saba Conservation Foundation has operated a hyperbaric chamber.
- Getting there: One must transfer from St. Maarten; Winair provides air transportation and Dawn II and the Edge both provide ferry transportation. By ferry, the one-way trip takes from one to two hours, depending on which ferry company is selected.
- Dress: Casual but modest. Law requires wearing a shirt in the villages.
- For more information:
Saba Tourist Office
Phone: 599-416-2231 or 2322