Articles About Roatan & Utila
Dive Service Providers
Anthony’s Key Resort
Ultimate Dive Travel
Facts and Figures
- Climate: The air temperature ranges from mid-70s Fahrenheit (mid-20s Celsius) in winter to 90-plus F (32-plus C) in summer. Water temperature ranges from 75 F (24 C) in winter to 84 F (29 C) through spring and summer. Trade winds are prevalent most of the year. October to January is usually the rainy season.
- Power: 110/220volt, 60Hz. Most resorts also have their own power generators.
- Money: As of August 2015, the exchange rate is 22Lempira to US$1. U.S. dollars and traveler’s checks are usually accepted.
- Tipping: 10-15 percent generally expected, with some eateries adding a service charge.
- Time: Central Standard Time without daylight-saving time.
- Getting There: Several major airlines offer direct flights from the U.S.
- General Health: Water is filtered at most resorts and can be used right out of the tap. Bottled water is widely available.
- Recompression Chambers: There are two recompression chambers on Roatan, one on Utila, and two on the Honduran mainland.